Are you an experienced marketer looking for an opportunity to create a holistic marketing strategy that you can hang your hat on?
Do you find yourself hamstrung by a large corporate environment that impairs your creative ideas?
Does the idea of changing people’s lives by providing them with the skills they need to succeed in an economically secure field of work excite you?
If so, Smart Buildings Academy (SBA) wants to talk to you!
We are looking for a Marketing Manager to join our team.
This is a remote work from home position with potential for paid travel throughout the year. Travel could be anywhere from 10-20% depending on the number of live events scheduled and amount of support required at each event.
The salary of this position is $80K with the potential for an annual bonus. The position also includes access to a 401k, flexible time off policy, and medical, dental, and vision insurance.
As a Marketing Manager you will be responsible for setting and executing a marketing strategy that will increase brand awareness, improve conversion rates, and drive revenue growth. This role will also be responsibility for the evolution of our brand image and voice in the market. To be successful in this role an individual will have to exhibit leadership skills, accountability, creativity, and attention to detail.
Under the direction of the Director of Sales and Business Development and in collaboration with the entire leadership team the following duties will be the responsibility of the person in this role:
- Lead the definition and execution of a marketing strategy for the organization that maintains and builds the existing brand. This includes but is not limited to live events, website, SEO, lead generation activities, social media, email marketing, and podcast/webinars.
- Ensure that across the organization any public or customer facing content and material stays on brand and adheres to the Smart Buildings Academy brand standards.
- Lead the effort to evolve and expand our brand standards across various channels of sales and marketing.
- Create and maintain an editorial calendar for marketing campaigns.
Live Event Marketing
- Working with the leadership team to maintain and execute a 12-month rolling live event calendar.
- Assist in creation and submission of exhibitor applications where applicable.
- Assist in creation and submission of speaker abstracts so that Smart Buildings Academy can present at as many events as possible.
- Assist in execution of the events, this includes but is not limited to:
- Working with booth vendors.
- Coordinating with marketing material suppliers.
- Coordination of travel and meetings during the events.
- Promotion online through various channels.
- Develop content for social media posts, blog posts, website, website SEO, customer presentations, and other activities as assigned consistent with the brand standards.
- Working with the sales organization identify and deploy mechanisms for website, social media, email, or other digital channels to generate leads that sales can follow up on.
- Build and maintain analytics to measure effectiveness of this activity as well as ROI.
- Design and develop an email marketing strategy and calendar that support the growth goals of the organization.
- Lead efforts to maintain and enhance customer contact information in the CRM.
- Manage content/copy, creative theme, and format of email marketing.
- Develop and deploy a social media strategy for the organization in total and by social media platform. This would include the objective of Smart Buildings Academy and employees having a presence on the platform and how pursuit of that objective will be measured.
- Identify ways to promote the brand and awareness of our offerings in the market.
- Increase exposure, followers, shares, and engagement across each platform, report on this progress monthly.
- Engage in online networking on the company’s behalf to leverage those connections and promote brand recognition by industry leaders and influencers where applicable. This would include securing guests for the podcast.
Website and SEO
- Make recommendations to and coordinate with subject matter experts to ensure website content is current, modern, dynamic, and promotes SEO.
- Create copy for product pages, landing pages, blog posts on website to enhance SEO.
- Make recommendations for search engine optimization and optimization of the website to increase traffic. Collaborate with the rest of the organization to deploy changes to improve user experience.
- Detail Oriented
- Dynamic and Creative
- Experience in marketing is REQUIRED.
- Experience marketing in the BAS/HVAC or TRAINING related products and service industries is PREFERRED.
- Associates Degree or higher REQUIRED.
- Must be located in the Continental United States.