TECHNICAL INSTRUCTOR (FULL-TIME SALARY)
ABOUT SMART BUILDINGS ACADEMY
Smart Buildings Academy is the largest provider of online training for the building automation industry. Since 2017 we have been providing training to over 1,200 companies and we have over 10,000 students.
Is this for you?
- Do you like the idea of working remotely?
- Do you want to have fun and make an impact in people’s lives?
- Are you someone with building controls expertise that would like to utilize that knowledge to mold and coach other building automation professionals?
- Are you able to translate that knowledge for audiences at all levels?
- Are you detail-oriented and passionate about helping others in the field?
- Are you excited by the prospect of being a collaborative and dependable teammate that helps design and deliver world-class learning solutions?
If that's the case, Smart Buildings Academy (SBA) has an amazing opportunity for you!
You will be a Lead Instructor for our Workforce Development Program. You will be involved in the design of courses and heavily involved in teaching courses to students. You will do this by becoming a master on our core topics (BAS, IT, Electrical, and HVAC), teaching technical curriculum with state-of-the-art technology, partnering with our CEO, sales team, and our Student Success Manager to define the best approaches, bringing problem-solving and expertise to every class you have, and being open to learning new skills as you grow with this role. Does this sound like you? If so, keep reading!
What Impact Would You Have?
Everyone wants to feel like they're having an impact. In this position, you absolutely will. You will have the opportunity to:
- Impact people from around the world as a part of a training organization, creating stimulating ways to help others improve their performance at work.
- Investigate new opportunities and participate in the development of effective training that is impactful and inventive.
- Align your ingenuity and innovative ideas to reach the strategic plans of the business.
- Continue to learn on a day-to-day basis about how our equipment and strategies work to conserve energy and protect our environment.
- "Deliver assigned web-based learning sessions (synchronous and asynchronous), and occasionally a live classroom session, along with occasional on-the-job training." Be able to flex instruction, facilitation style, and approach to fit the needs of the audience, the content, and the technology.
- Responsible for running weekly office hour sessions.
- Responsible for creating new content and video editing. (We will train you on our video creation process).
- Facilitate learning of materials, processes, and systems that have advanced level content and/or facilitate learning in multiple areas of expertise.
- Develop subject matter expertise in new technology, products, or processes and serve as a subject matter expert in the development of learning materials for these new areas using the IACET Learning Development Process (ILDP).
- Measure results of technical training using appropriate methods for determining participant reaction, amount of learning, and ability to demonstrate new skills in the classroom setting.
- Report results of measurements and evaluations to Student Success Manager and CEO. Develop and present recommendations for continuous improvements to technical training.
- Provide constructive feedback to learners on their understanding of new materials and their performance in the classroom.
- Continuously update and improve delivery and coaching skills, including the use of new technologies for sharing knowledge and building skills.
- Assist customers with their training needs and questions, including documentation for remote courses.
- Work with the design and development team to create learning solutions, on-time and on budget.
- Maintain and upgrade lab equipment list used in training.
- Technical- Hands down, we need someone who can learn concepts outside of their current skillset. Ten or more years of experience with exposure to multiple OEM systems and products. 5+ year Tridium preferred.
- Articulate - Your writing, communication and facilitation skills must be strong in order to clearly articulate and transfer the content.
- Self-Motivated- Is comfortable teaching, engaging, and working in a near 100% remote environment.
- Detailed - Realizes the importance of details in leading to impactful outcomes.
- Collaborative - Collaborates with stakeholders and many more people throughout the business.
- Professional - Has personal ethics, does quality work, and has a positive attitude.
- Location - Must be located in mainland United States.